Hawaii is home to some of the most delicious and unique flavors in the world. From savory regional specialties like kalua pig to delectable desserts such as haupia, here are the top 10 delicious foods you must try when visiting the beautiful islands of Hawaii:
– Freshly diced raw ahi tuna marinated in seaweed, sesame oil, soy sauce and onions.
2. Kalua Pig
– Slow-roasted pork with Hawaiian sea salt and wrapped in taro leaves for added flavor.
– A classic noodle soup dish made with wheat or egg noodles, fishcake and vegetables served in a light broth.
– A traditional Hawaiian dessert made from coconut milk and sugar.
– Pork, fish or chicken wrapped in taro leaves and steamed to perfection.
6. Squid Luau
– Tender squid simmered in a creamy coconut milk sauce with taro leaves for added flavor.
7. Macaroni Salad
– Classic macaroni salad made with elbow pasta, mayonnaise and vegetables such as carrots, celery and onions.
– Thick paste made of mashed taro root, often served with poke or laulau and other dishes in a traditional Hawaiian meal.
9. Loco Moco
– Fried egg placed on top of a hamburger patty, then topped with gravy and served with white rice.
10. Spam Musubi
– Slices of grilled spam placed on top of a block of rice and wrapped in nori (seaweed).
No matter what your taste buds desire, Hawaii has something to offer that you’re sure to love! From savory pork dishes to sweet desserts, these are the top 10 delicious foods to try when visiting the Hawaiian islands. Bon appetit!