Paris Saint-Germain Football Club, commonly referred to as PSG, is a professional football club based in Paris, France. Since its establishment in 1970, the club has become one of the most successful teams in French football history. Here are the top 10 facts about PSG:
1. PSG is one of the most valuable football clubs in the world, with an estimated value of over $4 billion.
2. The club has won a total of 40 major domestic trophies, including 10 Ligue 1 titles, 14 Coupe de France titles, and 9 Coupe de la Ligue titles.
3. PSG has also achieved success on the European stage, reaching the final of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in 2020, but losing to Bayern Munich.
4. The club has a fierce rivalry with Olympique de Marseille, known as Le Classique, which is considered to be one of the biggest derbies in world football.
5. PSG has had numerous star players over the years, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar Jr., and David Beckham.
6. The club’s stadium, Parc des Princes, has a seating capacity of over 47,000 spectators and has hosted several major international fixtures, including the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
7. PSG has a large and passionate fan base, known as the Parisian Ultras, who are known for their vocal support and displays of tifo banners and flags.
8. The club is owned by Qatar Sports Investments, a subsidiary of the Qatar Investment Authority, which has invested heavily in the team since taking over in 2011.
9. PSG’s colors are blue and red, which represent the traditional colors of Paris. The club’s emblem features the Eiffel Tower and a boat, which represent the city’s landmarks and history.
10. PSG is also known for its philanthropic activities, particularly through the PSG Foundation, which aims to help disadvantaged young people in Paris and around the world through sports and education programs.