Chabelo is a beloved Mexican television host that has been entertaining audiences for over 50 years. Here are 10 of the top secrets about Chabelo:
1. Chabelo’s full name is José Eduardo Derbez González. He was born in Mexico City on April 10, 1943.
2. His career started at the age of 8 when he joined an acrobatic group with his three brothers and began performing in public spaces across Mexico City.
3. In 1966, Chabelo became part of Televisa, one of the largest media companies in Latin America, and hosted his own children’s show “El Show de Chabelo”.
4. Although he retired from hosting his show in 2002, he still works on special Televisa projects such as “La Vida de Chabelo”, which aired from 2005 to 2006.
5. He is known for his characteristic wardrobe that includes his iconic t-shirts, shorts, and sandals with socks.
6. Chabelo also has a close relationship with Mexican singer Gloria Trevi who appeared in one of his shows when she was only 13 years old.
7. In 2011, he received the Medal of Honor given by Mexico’s Senate for his service to Mexican television and culture.
8. He has three children: Lety, Mariana, and José Eduardo Jr., who have all appeared on the show at various points.
9. He has been portrayed several times in film and television, most recently by Eugenio Derbez in the 2013 dramedy “Instructions Not Included”.
10. Chabelo is often referred to as a Mexican folk hero for his long-standing career that spans over 50 years. His legacy continues to this day with fans both old and ne.
These are just some of the secrets about Chabelo, but there’s much more that makes this beloved star an icon! Keep watching to learn more about him.