Denver Nuggets’ star player Carmelo Anthony has had a long and successful career in the NBA. In 2004, he was drafted by Denver Nuggets as the third overall pick. He made an immediate impact for the team, averaging 21 points per game right away and helping to lead the team to a 43-win season that year.
1. He was the first rookie in Nuggets franchise history to be named an All-Star.
2. In 2007, he became the first player in NBA history with at least 2,000 points and 600 assists in a single season.
3. During his six seasons with the Nuggets, Carmelo was selected as an NBA All-Star four times and set numerous records with the team.
4. In 2009, he led Denver to its first playoff series win in over two decades. This was the first of three straight post-season appearances for Carmelo and the Nuggets.
5. He also holds several franchise records including most points in a single game (50) and most points in a career (13,468).
6. Carmelo was traded to the New York Knicks in 2011, but his legacy with the Nuggets remains strong. He is still revered as one of the greatest players to ever wear a Denver uniform and his contribution to the Nuggets’ success is undeniable.
7. In 2019, he was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, and Denver was proud to honor his achievements with a special ceremony at their home arena.
8. Carmelo’s influence on the Nuggets organization is still felt today as they continue to strive for success in the Western Conference. His legacy will live on for years to come.
9. Carmelo is now a free agent after spending two seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, but wherever he lands, his impact on Denver will always be remembered.
10. He remains one of the most popular players in franchise history and continues to inspire future generations of Denver Nuggets fans.