Lori Vallow has been the subject of much media coverage in recent months, but here are ten lesser-known facts about her.
1. Vallow was born in Arizona and raised in Idaho, according to court documents. She also lived in Hawaii for a period of time with her ex-husband Charles Vallow before they divorced.
2. While living in Kauai with Charles, Lori started an online business selling essential oils after she was inspired by their lifestyle there. This venture eventually led to her founding a multi-level marketing company called “Myriad Miracle” that sells health and wellness products.
3. Vallow is no stranger to the law—she has had numerous run-ins with authorities over the years, including a 2011 arrest and conviction in Idaho for aggravated assault.
4. In 2016, Lori was accused of assaulting her husband Charles, who later died under suspicious circumstances in 2019. She has not been charged with any crime related to his death.
5. In 2018, Vallow moved from Arizona to Rexburg, Idaho to be closer to her new husband Chad Daybell and his family.
6. Shortly after moving to Rexburg, she became involved with a religious group called Preparing A People (PAP). The group is associated with “end times” theology and believes that the world is headed towards an apocalypse anytime soon.
7. After authorities began searching for her missing children, Tylee and JJ Vallow, Lori refused to cooperate with law enforcement. She was eventually arrested in Hawaii in February 2020 for failing to comply with court orders regarding her children’s whereabouts.
8. In addition to the missing children case, Vallow is facing charges of conspiracy, attempted murder and contempt of court from an incident involving her brother Alex Cox in July 2019.
9. After being released on bail in Hawaii, she moved back to Rexburg and has been living there ever since.
10. Lori is currently awaiting trial on all counts related to both the missing children case and the attempted murder charge against her brother Alex Cox. Her trial is scheduled to begin in November 2021.
These are just a few facts about Lori Vallow that are not widely known. Her story continues to unfold, and only time will tell what the outcome of her trial will be.