Vince McMahon is one of the most iconic figures in the world of professional wrestling. He is an American professional wrestling promoter and executive, best known as the chairman and CEO of WWE. Vince McMahon has achieved incredible success throughout his career in the wrestling industry, becoming one of its most influential figures. Here are some lesser-known facts about this remarkable man:
1. Vince McMahon was born on August 24, 1945 to Vince and Victoria Askew McMahon. His father was a successful World War II veteran who became involved with the newly formed Capitol Wrestling Corporation (CWC) when Vince was still young.
2. In 1972, at just 27 years old, he took over his father’s business operations and renamed it the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF). He started to expand the company, making it into one of the most popular wrestling promotions in the world.
3. Vince McMahon is an excellent promoter and has done much to increase ratings for professional wrestling events. His smart marketing techniques have been widely credited with helping create a “golden age” of wrestling in which he promoted his own events on pay-per-view television.
4. In 1984, McMahon went even further by launching WWE, formerly known as the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Under McMahon’s leadership, WWE became one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world and is now known as one of the most powerful brands in sports entertainment today.
5. Vince McMahon has a long-time rivalry with former professional wrestler and current WCW commentator, Hulk Hogan. The two have had several high-profile feuds in the past which have been some of the most memorable moments in wrestling history.
6. McMahon has also had an on-off relationship with television personality Donald Trump. In 2007, they jointly purchased the now defunct XFL football league together and even appeared together in a WrestleMania 23 “Battle of the Billionaires” match.
7. As well as being involved in professional wrestling promotions, McMahon is also known for his philanthropic activities. He has supported many charitable organizations over the years such as Make-A-Wish Foundation, Special Olympics and Starlight Children’s Foundation USA.
8. McMahon is an avid golfer and has even set a world record for the longest drive ever recorded by an amateur player. His drive was measured at 402 yards during the 2009 World Long Drive Championship, breaking the previous record by over 17 yards!
9. He is also a big fan of Las Vegas and loves to gamble on sports events. In fact, he once won $40 million in one night when his football team made it to Super Bowl XLVI in 2012.
10. As well as being involved in professional wrestling, McMahon is also a published author having written several books such as “McMahon!: The Unauthorized Biography” and “The Rebirth of WWE: Vince McMahon Returns”. He is also the co-owner of the popular website and magazine, Pro Wrestling Illustrated.
It’s no wonder why Vince McMahon has become such a well-known figure in the world of professional wrestling. His incredible success as a promoter and executive has earned him much respect and admiration over the years. These are just some of the lesser-known facts about this remarkable man that make him even more impressive!