Klay Thompson is one of the most iconic and talented basketball players in the NBA. His accomplishments on the court have set him apart from other players, cementing his place as one of the best shooters in history. Here are Thompson’s top 5 records:
1) Klay Thompson has three streaks of 10 or more 3-pointers made in a game.
His first streak came during a game against San Antonio Spurs on January 22, 2015 when he made 11 three-pointers; his second streak was recorded against Memphis Grizzlies on November 14, 2016 where he sank 12 threes; and his third streak was achieved during a match versus Chicago Bulls on October 29, 2018 where he shot 13 three-pointers.
2) On December 5th 2016, Klay Thompson scored a career-high 60 points against Indiana Pacers. He set the record for the most points ever scored by a Golden State Warrior in a single game.
In 2016–17 season, Klay Thompson also became the first player in NBA history to score 60 points in fewer than 30 minutes of playing time. While his 60-point performance may not be the most memorable of his career, it is still one of his best.
3) Klay Thompson holds the NBA record for most three-pointers made in a single quarter with nine. This achievement was accomplished during a game against Sacramento Kings on January 23, 2015.
On this day, Thompson scored 37 points and made an impressive 9 out of 11 3-pointers to set the record that stands until today. His incredible shooting performance in this game is considered by many as one of the greatest shooting performances in NBA history.
4) On October 29th 2018, Klay Thompson became the first player to make 10 or more 3-pointers in four consecutive games.
He achieved this record after making 10 3-pointers against Chicago Bulls.
5) Klay Thompson is also the Golden State Warrior’s all-time leader in three-pointers made, with 1,792 threes.
He has been consistently hitting shots from beyond the arc since he joined the team and this record is a testament to his incredible shooting ability.
There’s no question that Klay Thompson is one of the best shooters of all time, and these records are proof of it. His consistency on the court continues to make him one of the most valuable players in the NBA today.